Caregiver needed for gentle senior in beautiful location
My father is a good-natured and engaging 91 year-old. He has early-stage vascular dementia which causes him to be forgetful and sometimes confused. He requires company, supervision at meals (to administer his medications), and a willing walking companion to accompany him on short outings to the local beach. In our house there is a cat and one working adult. Please email me to discuss (details below).
• Work in employer’s home
• The family home is near UVic and half a block from a bus route
• Compassionate, patient, and upbeat attitude
• Caring companionship and conversation
• Police background check
• Provide companionship
• Provide personal care
• Administer medications
• Assist with aspects of personal hygiene
• Assist in regular outdoor exercise (e.g. escorting on local walks)
• Launder clothing and household linens
• Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
• Menu planning
• Prepare and serve nutritious meals
Security and safety:
• References required
• Client focus
• Efficient interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral communication
• Team player
• Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
• Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
• When are you available?
If you have the qualifications and are interested in the job please email us with your resume using the subject line "CAREGIVER FOR SENIOR"
Your application has been successfully submitted.